Here are the steps for creating your own "Personal Digital Library." You make your own plan based on your own wants and needs. I have laid out these BASICS in a step-by-step format, but you can jump around and pick and choose, just like a menu in your favorite restaurant. You may already know what you want to order but have some questions. These Steps will answer your questions.
- PDL-Step 01: Create Your Libraries Now that you have all the media that you want and have saved a few bucks getting there, it's time to start migrating it all into your main media libraries. Know where all your media is making its home. Eliminate duplicate files and duplicate folders. Consolidate your computer with your tablet, your notebook, and all your phones.
- PDL- Step 02: Photos Hi, my name is Frank, and I am a photo pack Rat! But unlike most pack rats, I know how to keep track and organize my photos. I am going to share with you how I do it. Your fellow packrats are going to love this.
- PDL- Step 03: Videos After photos, your home videos are the next most essential elements of your media library. They are irreplaceable slices of your life.
- PDL-Step 04: Music I want to make sure you know today's easy techniques and how to get your music library organized and ready to enjoy.
- PDL-Step 05: Books This topic is a mixed bag of various solutions. Read it and decide what works for you.
- PDL-Step 06: Data Add all of your important documents to your personal digital library.
- PDL-Step 07: Backup & Protect Know where everything is and backup, backup, and backup. Hope for the best and plan for the worst. Your photos and home videos cannot be replaced.
- PDL-Step 08: Media Management System Now that your media is all collected and protected how do you actually use it? There are software solutions (like PLEX and KODI) that will take all this stuff and deliver it up to you where you want it and when you want it. There is no magic software that will take over and do everything for you. But these five come pretty close. This is the last step out of the digital jungle.
😎 The WordCutter: I am going to pop up, every now and then, with tips and tricks and additional info.
There are eight Steps between you and an enjoyable personal digital library. Follow the Steps or jump around and check it all out. Be ready for some pleasant surprises, but most of all, be ready to have some fun!